“Go from Pneumatic to DDC in 20 minutes” Traditional pneumatic thermostats are manual devices which do not allow for remote readings, diagnostics, or setpoint control. This translates to costly maintenance, wasted heating and air conditioning of unoccupied space, and inability to work with utility demand response programs. Traditionally, these shortcomings can only be overcome by replacing the system with a new Direct Digital Control (DDC) system, a time-consuming process which disturbs occupants and costs $2,000 or more per thermostat zone.
Cypress Envirosystems’ patent pending Wireless Pneumatic Thermostat offers virtually the same functionality as traditional rip-and-replace DDC thermostats but can be installed in as little as 20 minutes for a fraction of the cost. The Wireless Pneumatic Thermostat can operate as a standalone system or can integrate with existing building automation systems such as Siemens, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, and TAC via BACnet.
Optional Deadband capabilities (separate heating and cooling setpoints)
Remote Wireless Setpoint Control and Monitoring of Temperature & Pressure
Page/Cell notification of excursions
Programmable temperature setbacks
Enables Demand Response strategies
BACnet interface for integration with Building Management Systems
Compatible with existing Johnson, Honeywell, Siemens, Robertshaw and TAC pneumatic stats.
4-5 years of battery life
The WPT has been deployed in hundreds of facilities and has been repeatedly recognized by industry thought leaders. Click on the links below to see a select sample of well-respected WPT clients and the awards Cypress Envirosystems has received.
Cypress Envirosystems takes great pride in offering high-quality products. From the beginning, we have integrated the design and manufacturing processes from our parent company, Cypress Semiconductor, which is a world leader in quality and reliability. However, for systems to perform as designed, it is essential that they are installed by trained technicians. To ensure a high-quality installation, our partners are required to complete our Certified Integrator training program. Before you begin your project, make sure your integrator has completed this program and is certified by Cypress Envirosystems.
To take full advantage of the WPT system, be sure to read the training manuals that are posted below. Also note, it is critical that clean, dry, oil-free air is maintained at all times to avoid damaging the WPT and other components that utilize your pneumatic infrastructure.
1. Orifice diameter should not be confused with pipe diameter. Consult the steam trap manufacturer if orifice size is not known.
2. Calculations are theoretical estimates and actual results will vary. Payback calculation includes avoided lost steam and inspection labor. Benefits from avoided damage resulting from blocked traps are not included in model. The formula used for steam loss in this model is: L=24.24*Pa*D2. Where L=pounds/hour, Pa=Pgauge + Patm , D=orifice diameter. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/manufacturing/tech_deployment/pdfs/steam_pressure_reduction.pdf
3. Actual WSTM installed cost will vary based on volume and integrator.
4. Refers to the manual inspections of steam traps that are currently being done at the facility. The frequency determines the potential avoided failure time when using the WSTM.
5. The frequency and cost of inspection determine the labor savings enabled by the WSTM.
6. The failure rate per year should be based on historical data from the facility. 15-20% failure rates per year are typical. In unmaintained facilities, the failure rate can be much higher: http://www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/om_combustion.pdf